English FA launches Football Leadership Diversity Code
27 October 2020
The English FA launched today their Leadership Diversity Code, to tackle inequality across senior leadership positions, broader team operations and coaching roles.
The code aims at improving the representation of gender and ethnic diversity as seen on the pitch in clubs and support structures off the pitch, by focusing on hiring processes.
By signing up to the Football Leadership Diversity Code, clubs pledge to create an equality, diversity and inclusion plan which applies hiring targets while adopting specific recruitment principles. The targets, which will become effective immediately, include:
SENIOR LEADERSHIP AND TEAM OPERATIONS
• 15% of new hires will be Black, Asian or of Mixed-Heritage [or a target set by the club based on local demographics]
• 30% of new hires will be female
COACHING: MEN’S PROFESSIONAL CLUBS
• 25% of new hires will be Black, Asian or of Mixed-Heritage
• 10% of new senior coaching hires will be Black, Asian or of Mixed-Heritage
COACHING: WOMEN’S PROFESSIONAL CLUBS
• 50% of new hires will be female
• 15% of new hires will be Black, Asian or of Mixed-Heritage
• Shortlists for interview will have at least one male and one female Black, Asian or of Mixed-Heritage candidate, if applicants meeting the job specifications apply.
To know more, visit the FA’s website.