Women in football - #DiversityWins
31 May 2021
The Show Racism the Red Card Europe campaign “Women in Football” aims to create awareness of women working in the football industry and in CSR in football in particular. Research shows that women still face challenges in the world of football, ranging from gender discrimination, sexism and pay gap differences. In fact, whilst there are already many female football stars, too few women are working as head coaches, managing directors or play a leading role in football. Unfortunately, inequality does not only exist on the pitch but also off the pitch. It is time for greater equality between men and women in the world of football.
Women in EFDN
We have contacted women active in the European Football for Development Network (EFDN) or working in CSR in football, including CEO’s, Head of Foundations, marketing and project managers and their assistants, inviting them to answer us a few questions. The short questionnaire included questions about their passion, their experiences, pathways to get into the world of football, the opportunities and challenges they faced as well as the importance of role models as they embarked on their careers.
We are looking forward to sharing the personal stories in the upcoming weeks. We hope that our campaign will create visibility for women working in CSR and the stories will be a good addition to our #DiversityWins educational programme. Our aim is to inspire and motivate young girls who dream of turning their passion into a future career in football.
Discover all stories here.
Full list of participants
- Karin Heri – Head of Sustainability, Malmö FF
- Sharon Dale – Health Manager, Derby County Community Trust
- Jessica Loo – Head of Communication, KAS Eupen
- Carlota Aparici – Director de Fundación, Real Valladolid Club de Fútbol
- Lucie Venet – Executive Director, Olympique Marseille Foundation
- Anna Pencheva – Director of Marketing and Sales, PFC Ludogorets 1945
- Patricia Rodríguez – Director, Granada CF
- Ilse Kleinjan – CSR Departement, NAC Breda
- Liz Bowie – Chief Executive, Aberdeen FC Community Trust
- Annik Steinegger – CSR Manager, FC Basel
- Elisabetta Scorcu – SLO and CSR Responsible, Cagliari Calcio
- Christina Koromila – Social Media Manager & EFDN Contact Person, AEK Athens
- Maddy Cusack – Marketing Coordinator, Sheffield Community Foundation
Join the campaign by downloading our template (here) and sending your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want get involved in the campaign and know more about our educational programme? Register for our webinar on 6 July, 2pm (CET).