The Show Racism the Red Card Europe programmes receives funding from the European Commission under the Rights, Equality and Citizenship programme 2014-2020. As the programme is funded by the European Union, the programme is in compliance with the objectives of the Rights, Equality and Citizenship programme.
OBJECTIVES OF THE RIGHTS, EQUALITY AND CITIZENSHIP PROGRAMME
This programme shall contribute to the further development of an area where equality and the rights of persons, as enshrined in the Treaty, the Charter and international human rights conventions, are promoted and protected. Its nine specific objectives are to:
- Promote non–discrimination
- Combat racism, xenophobia, homophobia and other forms of intolerance
- Promote rights of persons with disabilities
- Promote equality between women and men and gender mainstreaming
- Prevent violence against children, young people, women and other groups at risk.
- Promote the rights of the child
- Ensure the highest level of data protection
- Promote the rights deriving from Union citizenship
- Enforce consumer rights